You are here
Be sure to verify whether a contract already exists before submitting a request for a new contract - View / Search the Contract List
Process for New Clinical Affiliation Agreement
- Initiate a New Contract form is completed by student
- (LPN-BS, RN--BS, Advanced Practice students: For most efficient use of resources of both Indiana State University and the agencies, PLEASE do not initiate contracts until you are formally admitted to the nursing program (not conditional admission; not Indiana State University admission)
- Request for new clinical affiliation agreement is received by the Contract Coordinator.
- Agency is contacted by the Contract Coordinator to verify willingness to serve as a clinical site.
- Standard agreement is sent to Agency for signatures or standard agreement for the Agency is sent to Indiana State University.
- Agreement is sent back to Indiana State University from Agency, with signatures if Indiana State University's standard agreement is used
- Time frame: 2 weeks - 1 month.*
All contracts must be reviewed / approved by the Office of the General Counsel and the Office of Risk Management.
- Time frame: 1 week - 2 months.*
Upon receipt of standard agreement from facility or approved agreement from the Office of the General Counsel and the Office of Risk Management, a routing sheet for approval is attached and sent along the following line of approval:
- Nursing Department Chair
- Dean of the College of Nursing, Health, and Human Services
- University Risk Manager
- University Attorney
- Agreement is returned to the Contract Coordinator with approval.
- One copy of fully executed agreement is kept by Nursing, another is sent to the Agency.
- Time frame: 1 - 2 months.*
- Some steps may be completed more quickly or more slowly depending on the circumstances.
- Average times for the entire process of setting up a new agreement can take 2 - 4 months, but may take longer.
- Please keep this in mind when deciding how soon to initiate a new agreement for the following semester.